httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mod_dav inconsistent behaviour for GET requests
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:56:02 GMT
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>>
>> I don't see how your patch would "intentionally" break - the failure
>> mechanism is that the source scripts are served - not that a
>> configuration error stops the server from running.  -- justin
>
> Surely a fatal server error is not a necessary condition for something to be
> broken?

When it has the capability of exposing source that would not otherwise
be served, absolutely.

The fundamental flaw with this patch is that dav_fixups runs after
core_override_type - so the "none" handler simply won't get reassigned
by the rest of the applicable configs - ie set to CGI or PHP or
whatnot.  So, it would simply fall through and go to the default
handler.  Ouch.  -- justin