httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r904768 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/core.xml server/core.c
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:09:49 GMT
On 30.01.2010 19:40, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> A related question: I want to introduce a directive to set variables
> that are expanded during config file parsing, just like environment
> variables are. The problem I want to solve is that environment variables
> cannot be changed during graceful restart. Would it be better to
> overload 'Define' or to introduce a new directive? DefineVar, SetVar?
>

> Example config of what I want to achieve:
>

> <IfDefine !TEST>
> Define SERVERNAME www.example.com
> Define BACKEND 1.2.3.4
> </IfDefine
> <IfDefine TEST>
> Define SERVERNAME www-test.example.com
> Define BACKEND 1.2.3.5
> </IfDefine

> ServerName ${SERVERNAME}
> SSLCertificateFile ssl.crt/${SERVERNAME}.crt
> SSLCertificateKeyFile ssl.key/${SERVERNAME}.key
> ProxyPass / http://${BACKEND}/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://${BACKEND}/

I ported mod_define to 2.0/2.2 a few years ago. You can have a look at

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/mod_define/mod_define-current-src.tar.gz

It was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall and distributed as part
of the mod_ssl distribution for Apache 1.3. After approval by Ralf I
published the port under the AL 2.0.

Regards,

Rainer