httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Re: reopening of logs without restarting
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:12:26 GMT
22.01.2010 14:03, Jeff Trawick написав(ла):
>> >  Currently there are ap_run_open_logs and worker_open_logs. Can my
>> >  hypothetical signal-handler simply go through the list of opened
>> >  descriptors, set them to new values and close the old?
>>
> You'd need to do that in every child process, without interfering with
> current log file use.

Yes, of course -- I'll open up a new file descriptor (or FILE* ?) first,
and then assign the new value to the field in the relevant structure --
up until that assignment, the current log-file use will continue using
the earlier descriptor.

Is not worker_open_logs() running in every child process?
>> >  Or is this a "hairy" task, that some have tried, but nobody succeeded
>> >  in implementing?
>>
> I'm not sure "hairy" captures the complexity adequately.

Thanks for the fair warning!.. Yours,

    -mi