httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe Jr." <>
Subject Re: next alpha, this Wednesday?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 02:14:13 GMT
On 1/19/2010 7:03 PM, Paul Querna wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Sander Temme <> wrote:
>> On Jan 19, 2010, at 1:37 PM, Paul Querna wrote:
>>> I'm planning roughly on doing another 2.3.x-alpha tag on this late
>>> Wednesday, January 20th.  Should give us enough time to vote on it
>>> over the weekend, and ship it out on Monday/tuesday next week, during
>>> the hackathon at G.

Thanks, that gives me a bit of time to take a last look at a couple win32
build things.

>> Do we have an APR to roll into a *-deps, or are we canning the notion of *-deps until
such things solidify?

If this package does not contain expat or pcre, my personal -1 will remain
on shipping -deps* at all.  If we see fit to capture an apr, apr-util,
expat and pcre, I can buy that if it is API stable, but you could have
guessed that :)  Remember that unlike zlib, openssl, openldap etc, these
dependencies are mandatory.  [I note that expat is in apr still, although
it is not scheduled to be bundled in the future, based on apr 2.0 svn].

> For APR, we can use 1.4.1:

Actually 1.4.1 is going not-released, because of a significant hash/table
regression.  But I'll make life easy, and tag 1.4.2 [essentially 1.4.1 less
that broken commit] before lunchtime tomorrow.  As 1.4.1 saw no -other-
objections than this problem observed at SVN, there's almost no reason
it won't be approved.

> For APR-Util, I think we still need to use a snapshot, as there has
> not been a suitable release or tag.

I know httpd-everything is requiring an apr bump, but do we need apr-util
1.4 changes, besides crypto which might or might not be ready?  [Still
waiting for feedback from the author, the 1.4 tree should not be shipped
as is IMHO.]

View raw message