httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.3.42 release candidate
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 12:23:40 GMT
On 09.01.2010 12:58, Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Rainer Jung<rainer.jung@kippdata.de>  wrote:
>> There's one other manual related thing I wasn't thinking enough about before
>> writing my last mail: the 1.3.42 manual contains SSI "#include virtual"
>> statements, the 1.3.41 version not. I (wildly) guess the script expand.pl is
>> usually used during releasing to "fix" the manual, so that the pages caqn
>> also be read without running them though the web server. At least the
>> contents of expand.pl look like it recursively goes through a directory and
>> resolves all "#include virtual" in the files.
>
> I ran expand.pl, I'll look into what the hell it's doing :-)

Ah, I see. I just tried to run it on top of the manual contained in the
tarball, and on my system (Solaris) the result looks fine. It is
identical to the manual contained in the 41 tarball. Had to use the
system perl, because the hash bang line "#!/usr/local/bin/perl5" doesn't
fit my local system.

Regards,

Rainer