httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.3.42 release candidate
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 11:48:28 GMT
Hi Colm,

On 08.01.2010 21:53, Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Rainer Jung<rainer.jung@kippdata.de>  wrote:
>> File htdocs/manual/misc/FAQ.html was previously 150KB and now is only 5KB. I
>> didn't yet load it from the web server itself, but it seems some generation
>> step was missing. The file installed by "make install" has the same problem.
>
> links -src now returns the gzipped body, as we have mod_deflate
> enabled these days.
>
> I've fixed up the other nits and rerolled, tarballs with new
> checksums/signatures in the same place now. I'll fix up the Announce
> language too, waiting for PRC input on that too.

md5, sha1, sigs good, tar.Z and tar.gz same contents.
FAQ fine, expand.pl gone, Configuration present, no other changes to
previous 1.3.42 tarball.

There's one other manual related thing I wasn't thinking enough about
before writing my last mail: the 1.3.42 manual contains SSI "#include
virtual" statements, the 1.3.41 version not. I (wildly) guess the script
expand.pl is usually used during releasing to "fix" the manual, so that
the pages caqn also be read without running them though the web server.
At least the contents of expand.pl look like it recursively goes through
a directory and resolves all "#include virtual" in the files.

Regards,

Rainer