httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 06:43:36 GMT
Karl Fogel wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is true for all Apache lists or just dev@subversion:
>
> In Firefox 3.5.6, I visited
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/201001.mbox/browser
>
> and clicked on one of the messages (let's pick one at random):
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/201001.mbox/ajax/%3C4B42936D.10107@mark.mielke.cc%3E
>
> (One of Mark Mielke's messages in the "Re: Subversion in 2010" thread.)

> The message is displayed in a horribly broken way in the browser.  At
> the top, the browser shows a warning bar that says "This XML file does
> not appear to have any style information associated with it. The
> document tree is shown below.".  Below that, it... shows the document
> tree, complete with angle brackets and attributes and everything.  The
> body of the message is visible, sort of, but this is surely not the
> intended UI :-).

Confirmed, it seems the open-in-tab (right click, or 'open in new tab')
is going to have to map to;

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/201001.mbox/%3C4B42936D.10107@mark.mielke.cc%3E

As you pointed out in the next message, the ajax link is worthless.

> To see the problem, you have to right-click to open the message in a new
> tab.  Apparently, the javascript only overrides "onclick"; it does not
> override "right click".  So only a regular click is handled properly,
> and a right click to open a new window does not execute the JavaScript.
> Thus the page defaults to the raw href, which is not presentable without
> a style sheet.

In fact, defaulting to the link I pointed out, and then overriding that link
with the ajax/ context on left-click (open in current context) would make so
much more sense!  Drives me nuts that copying links has never worked.

FYI the mod_mbox discussion is on dev@httpd.apache.org, so I've redirected
your inquiry there :)

Bill