httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POST subrequests via mod_proxy
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:07:19 GMT
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:55, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On 13 Jan 2010, at 11:40 AM, Sorin Manolache wrote:
>
>> Is there another way to make POST subrequests with subrequest-specific
>> request bodies? (i.e. not with the request body of the main request)
>

> The reason subrequests don't have access to the request body by default is
> that the main request has probably already consumed the request body
> already, leaving nothing left for the subrequest to read in.

I understand. However, I don't want to make a subrequest with the body
of the main request. I want to be able to make a subrequest with a
totally new request body.

For example:

The client sends to my server:

POST /server_url
(main) request body: body_from_client_to_server

My server would make a subrequest to a backend:

POST /backend_url
subrequest body: body_from_server_to_backend

Or even this scenario:

Client to my server:
GET /server_url

My server to a backend: