httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject POST subrequests via mod_proxy
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:40:47 GMT
Hello,

I would like to be able to send POST subrequests using mod_proxy.

ap_proxy_http_request does not allow the inclusion of the request
body. The rationale is that otherwise the subrequest would consume the
main request's body. This is true, however it does not allow sending a
POST request with a subrequest-specific request body (not the request
body of the main request).

If we didn't have the code

if (r->main) {
   e = apr_bucket_eos_create(input_brigade->bucket_alloc);
   APR_BRIGADE_INSERT_TAIL(input_brigade, e);
   goto skip_body;
}

in ap_proxy_http_request, we could inject a subrequest-specific
request body by using an input filter (added in proxy_run_fixups for
example). This input filter would not get any brigade from a
downstream filter (and eventually from the network) but will generate
itself the request body. Thus, the main request's body would be left
untouched.

Would you please consider this feature request?

Is there another way to make POST subrequests with subrequest-specific
request bodies? (i.e. not with the request body of the main request)

Thank you,
Sorin