httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <l...@eilebrecht.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Formal deprecation of 1.3.x branch
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 13:57:29 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I'd stay away from the word "deprecate."  In software, it means that
> at some point in the future the user must migrate to a new
> interface/feature; formal deprecation is usually announced at the
> beginning of the ability to transition.  We're years past that for
> 1.3.  Anybody really paying attention already knows the scoop.

IMHO the correct term would be "end of life".
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-of-life_(product)

+1 on stopping to support 1.3.x and to issue a formal "end-of-life
notification" as part of a final 1.3 release.

Further, I'd suggest to issue an end-of-live notification for
httpd 2.0.x with a date 6-12 month in the future.

cheers...
--
Lars Eilebrecht
lars@eilebrecht.net