httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Per module LogLevel configuration
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 22:13:28 GMT
Hi,

I have started an implementation of this:

http://people.apache.org/~sf/per-module-loglevel-1.v1.diff
http://people.apache.org/~sf/per-module-loglevel-2.v1.diff

The first diff is the infrastructure and the second patch touches
nearly every file to set the correct module for logging (and tweaks
mod_ssl to cope with the changed ap_log_*error functions).

As suggested by Paul, it will skip the argument setup on C99
compilers, but should continue to work on older compilers. With C99
compilers, it is also possible to remove some logging at compile time
by defining APLOG_MAX_LOGLEVEL.

To select the module for logging, one needs to add somethink like

#define  APLOG_MODULE_INDEX    core_module.module_index

at the top of every source file and the *_module struct must be
declared. If someone has a better idea how to do this, I would like to
hear it. All other comments are of course welcome, too.

Still missing are per directory loglevel configuration and per module
logfile selection.

Things like "LogLevel info proxy_http:debug" work for me. Apart from
that I have done only minimal testing. I am currently having some test
framework problems with the (unchanged) trunk and can't really test
with my changes.

Cheers,
Stefan