httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_dav inconsistent behaviour for GET requests
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:12:24 GMT
On 30 Jan 2010, at 12:04 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> The recommended setup is to map separate URLs for DAV and script
> execution to the content. It has been like this since at least 2.0.
>
> The patch intentionally breaks existing configs that rely on the
> ability to use the same URLs for DAV and script execution. Is this not
> an acceptable change from 2.2 to 2.4 (if properly documented), as it
> makes life a lot easier for people who use the recommended setup?

I don't follow how this makes it easier to use the recommended setup?

In your example config, you defined /dav as being handled by mod_dav,
and then you defined a FilesMatch (as I recall) that defined mod_php
to be used by all URLs in the complete URL space that ended with
".php". In so doing you're creating two configs that both overlap and
contradict themselves, and this is specifically discouraged by the
recommended setup.

I also don't like the idea that mod_dav is treated differently to
other handlers. If you want to really solve this problem, you need to
do so generically.

Regards,
Graham