httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <br...@brianfrance.com>
Subject Re: reopening of logs without restarting
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:20:53 GMT

On Jan 22, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> 22.01.2010 14:50, Brian J. France ???????(??):
>> I was going to bring up the patch during the Monday/Tuesday hack days along with
a few others.

> Can you send me the patch directly /today/? Thanks!

Here is the patch:

http://www.brianfrance.com/software/apache/apr/rotating.diff

A few things to note:

- We #ifdef YAHOO the changes so you have to define it or remove those lines
- APR_FOPEN_ROTATING == 0x08000, we had to keep binary compatibility in our code, so we had
to re-adjust APR_FOPEN_SPARSE
- I never got around to write get/set functions for timeout, which defaults to 60
- we have a patch for apr_time_now() to use a faster gettimeofday call that doesn't do a system
call every time (cpu ticks)