httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Autoindex patch
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:04:29 GMT

On Dec 27, 2009, at 15:38 , Nick Kew wrote:

> Any classes you attach are by definition arbitrary.  A class for
> adds absolutely nothing.  Neither does <th> unless you use different
> classes for different instances of it.  Alternating <tr> classes
> support
> trendy striped tables (for whatever that's worth), but IMHO if we're
> going down that road, we'd be better taking the HTML out of the code
> altogether and turning it into a template the webmaster can hack
> at leisure.

I started with just the alternating tr classes, but then thought,
well, someone is going to complain that I didn't go far enough, and so
added the other stuff, even though I, personally, only have use for
the alternating tr classes. I suppose that'll teach me to go father
than my own itch.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com