httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building 2.3.4.alpha on AIX 6.1
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:16:42 GMT
I am not overly concerned, but still a bit frustrated. The hours I spend on
this project are probably minimal compared to yours as a dev (me humble
tester/porter), but if you help me learn how the components used to assemble
these packages (configure, auto*, libtool, and whatever else) you will gain
another contributer.

If you goal is to keep this from mainstream AIX - my goal is to make it
widely available - then dont bother to comment.

That I do not answer for days sometimes has to do with my work and travel
schedule. I am grateful for any assistance and I hope to be able to consider
myself a contributor (although limited) as I get more experience.

I have a prototype for building and packaging a "flat" package (i.e.
everything that goes into DESTDIR) and shall share it - but I need to be
sure it is not a "one-time" success as it seems to be with httpd-2.2.14
(i.e. I have no current success with either 2.0.63 or 2.3.4).

And, I am commenting - again - because I am sure someone has a suggestion :)