httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r892678 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/protocol.c
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 00:41:01 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:39 AM, "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group"
> <ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please reconsider and fix.

Done, thanks.

> I am also slightly concerned about changing the behavoir of
> ap_rgetline_core in regards to embedded NULL bytes, since this is not
> just used by HTTP protocol handlers, it appears it could easily be
> used by other protocols... at a minimum I think there should be a
> comment in the header docs about this behavior change?

 From protocol.c
/* Get a line of protocol input, including any continuation lines
  * caused by MIME folding (or broken clients) if fold != 0, and place it
  * in the buffer s, of size n bytes, without the ending newline.

 From http_protocol.h
/**
  * Get the next line of input for the request

Are you saying it might be used in a protocol with RFC822-family
line-based headers but where NULL is allowed?  Any examples?

I agree with your point that I should have commented it.
I'll do that if you're not going to veto the patch.

--
Nick Kew