httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [RESULTS] [VOTE] Release httpd 2.3.4-alpha
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 01:31:54 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> Vote Results:
>    +1 (binding): Sander Temme, Paul Querna, Joe Orton,  Niklas Edmundsson,
>    +1: Gregg Smith
>  +/-0: Rainer Jung
>     -1: William A. Rowe, Jr.
>
> Vote passes.
>
> I'll push out the tarballs to start getting mirrors, and hack on an
> announcement email for tomorrow.

Oh - looking forward to the announce; the damage occured the moment
you had pushed to /dist/httpd/, we don't un-release software, and any
old arguments are over about the wisdom of releasing the -deps package.
Except of course, we need to finish the discussion of *adding* PCRE, but
that should never stop an alpha release.

In the meantime I'm pushing forwards on apr-1.4.1 since testing for
subversion 0 won't indicate if the APR_STATUS_IS_ENOTDIR had been fixed
(for anyone looking for min revlevel checks), and once that is done,
perhaps someone else wants to advocate for releasing apr-util-1.4.0.
But AFAIK apr-util 1.4.0 is not a prerequisite for httpd 2.3 alphas
just yet, it is an optional requirement for the scache module.