httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite patch
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:45:15 GMT
* Vincent Bray wrote:

> 2009/12/27 Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>:
> > A FAQ on the various httpd support channels is "how do I make the query
> > string go away". The answer is that you put "?" on the end of the
> > target URL, which is a bit of a kludge.
> >
> > Attached is a patch that adds a QSD (qsdiscard) flag that does this a
> > little more elegantly. As with my previous email, I wanted some review
> > first before adding Yet Another Rewrite Flag.
>
> Yes please! While the null query string hack works, it is an ugly hack
> to have to foist on people. I've had to suggest it in an apologetic
> manner too many times.

Another point came up while thinking about it: Next time you'll have to
explain that

RewriteRule foo bar?x=y [QSD]

conflicts and QSD wins (as I read the patch(es)). Dunno if that has to be
done in an apologetic manner, though ;-)

However, maybe that's the reason it wasn't a flag in the first place.

nd
--
die (eval q-qq[Just Another Perl Hacker
]