httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite patch
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:00:30 GMT

On Dec 28, 2009, at 05:45 , André Malo wrote:

> Another point came up while thinking about it: Next time you'll have
> explain that
>
> RewriteRule foo bar?x=y [QSD]
>
> conflicts and QSD wins (as I read the patch(es)). Dunno if that has
> to be
> done in an apologetic manner, though ;-)

On the one hand, if you REPLACE the query string like this, then the
original query string is removed already, without using the QSD flag.
It's not at all clear what they had in mind when using that flag with
a replacement query string. What were they trying to accomplish? The
solution is, "don't do that".

On the other hand, in my testing, that rule did in fact sort of work,
with the new query string being stuck on, but escaped, which isn't
what I expected. That is, I ended up at bar%3fx=y

I'll have to look at this a little closer ...

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com