httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r883712 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/core.xml
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:29:00 GMT
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:53 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:54 AM,  <trawick@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Author: trawick
>>> Date: Tue Nov 24 14:54:03 2009
>>> New Revision: 883712

>>> Log:
>>> document the new Mutex directive, pulling in any existing special considerations
described in the
>>> documentation of the old LockFile, AcceptMutex, RewriteLock, and SSLMutex directives
>>
>> I'll axe the old directive documentation and update any other affected
>> documentation once wrowe's concern about cross-node lock files is
>> resolved (barring any other concerns I'm yet to be informed of ;) ).
>
> It sounds like this is resolved,

I'm not so sure ;)

> and was nothing more than the confusion
> I introduced when I didn't update the docs to match the code revision.

It is true that your requirement (as I understand it) for the SSL
session cache mutex -- that the complete name be fully
predictable/configurable and not contain the pid -- was not reflected
in the docs.

But the Mutex directive and ap_mutex_*() APIs don't currently support
that requirement, always appending a pid to the name of the lock file.

What about an optional third argument to Mutex to indicate that the
pid should be omitted?

Mutex default sysvsem
Mutex ssl-cache file:/mnt/sesscachedir OmitPid
etc.

In the ssl-cache example, the name of the mutex will be simply
/mnt/sesscachedir/ssl-cache

Does that meet the special SSLMutex requirement?