httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r883540 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: ./ build/ docs/conf/ docs/conf/extra/ include/ modules/aaa/ modules/core/ modules/examples/ modules/generators/ modules/ldap/ modules/mappers/ modules/ssl/ server/ server/mpm/prefork/ server/mpm/worker
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:27:27 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 6:17 PM,  <trawick@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: trawick
> Date: Mon Nov 23 23:17:51 2009
> New Revision: 883540

> Log:
> Replace AcceptMutex, LockFile, RewriteLock, SSLMutex, SSLStaplingMutex,
> and WatchdogMutexPath with a single Mutex directive.  Add APIs to
> simplify setup and user customization of APR proc and global mutexes.
> (See util_mutex.h.)  Build-time setting DEFAULT_LOCKFILE is no longer
> respected; set DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR instead.
>
> Some existing modules, such as mod_ldap and mod_auth_digest gain
> configurability for their mutexes.

There will likely be other issues to discuss about this, but to start with:

* you need an extremely recent checkout of apr-1.4.x in order to get
apr_global_mutex_lockfile()
* mod_watchdog hasn't been tested; what's a dead-easy way to make it
create a mutex?
* I haven't tested the change to mkconfNW.awk
* doc is still forthcoming