httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite and mod_fcgid pass wrong fcgi request
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:28:24 GMT
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Felipe Alcacibar <falcacibar@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> When comparing modes of PHP execution:
>>>
>>> - CGI and FastCGI are directly comparable because the information that
>>> Apache needs to pass to PHP is the same.  (In fact, mod_cgi[d] and
>>> mod_fcgid use the same core Apache code to build almost all of that
>>> information.)
>>>
>>> You should be able to take your CGI configuration and change the
>>> handler from cgi-script to fcgid-script and have PHP work as FastCGI.
>>> One nuance is that if you're relying on ScriptAlias you'll need to use
>>> both Alias and Options +ExecCGI in the FastCGI equivalent.
>>>
>>> - mod_php and mod_fcgid configurations are not comparable.
>>>

>> As you sayed it i made a similar environment (the difference is the
>> FcgidWrapper line)
>
> PHP can be configured via Action instead of FcgidWrapper with
> mod_fcgid too.  That is the most direct comparison.
>

>>                          from mod_cgid to mod_fcgid and the result is
the
>> same, in the mod_cgid environment all runs good and in the mod_fcgid
>> persisst the problem...
>>
>> rohan counter # cat /etc/apache2/modules.d/70_php5_cgi.conf
>> <IfDefine PHP5CGI>
>>        ScriptAlias /.httpd/cgi-interpreters /var/cgi-interpreters/
>>        <Directory "/var/cgi-interpreters">
>>                AllowOverride None
>>                Options None
>>                Options +ExecCGI
>>
>>                Order allow,deny
>>                Allow from all
>>        </Directory>
>>
>>        <IfDefine FCGID>
>>        FcgidWrapper "/var/cgi-interpreters/php-cgi" .php
>>        FcgidWrapper "/var/cgi-interpreters/php-cgi" .php2
>>        FcgidWrapper "/var/cgi-interpreters/php-cgi" .php3
>>        FcgidWrapper "/var/cgi-interpreters/php-cgi" .php4
>>        FcgidWrapper "/var/cgi-interpreters/php-cgi" .php5
>>        FcgidWrapper "/var/cgi-interpreters/php-cgi" .phtml
>>
>>        FcgidInitialEnv PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN "12"
>>        FcgidInitialEnv PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS "1"
>
> BTW, check the mod_fcgid docs for comments on these two PHP
> environment variables.
>

>>        AddHandler fcgid-script .php .php3 .php4 .php5 .php6 .phtml
>>        </IfDefine>
>>
>>        <IfDefine !FCGID>
>>                AddHandler php-script .php .php3 .php4 .php5 .php6 .phtml
>>                Action php-script "/.httpd/cgi-interpreters/php-cgi"
>>        </IfDefine>
>>
>>        <FilesMatch \.ph(p[2-6]?|tml)$ >
>>                Options +ExecCGI
>>        </FilesMatch>
>>
>>        DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.php4 index.php5 index.phtml
>> </IfDefine>
>>

>> Any suggestion or step to do??...
>
> Use Action with mod_fcgid too so that mod_fcgid processing works
> through the same mechanisms as with your mod_cgid setup.
>
> I'll try to find some time today to play with that as well.
> Eventually I'd like the documentation to show an Action-based example,
> with support for easily switching between CGI and FastCGI for
> debugging or other purposes.

Here is your CGI configuration, munged a bit to work in my setup.
Also, I changed your ScriptAlias to a regular Alias + "SetHandler
cgi-script".  That yields a configuration that maps directly to
mod_fcgid.

With this config, I can use either the "SetHandler cgi-script" or the
"SetHandler fcgid-script" to select CGI or FastCGI, and I don't see
the redirect: problem with path info.

Alias /interpreters/ /Users/trawick/inst/5211/bin/

<Directory /Users/trawick/inst/5211/bin/>
#  SetHandler cgi-script
  SetHandler fcgid-script
  AllowOverride None
  Options None
  Options +ExecCGI
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

AddHandler php-script .php
Action php-script "/interpreters/php-cgi"
<FilesMatch \.php$>
  Options +ExecCGI
</FilesMatch>
DirectoryIndex index.php