httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r835524 - in /httpd/mod_ftp/trunk: Makefile.apxs configure.apxs
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 00:38:31 GMT
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 6:52 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> trawick@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: trawick
>> Date: Thu Nov 12 20:14:51 2009
>> New Revision: 835524

>> Log:
>> pick up r834900 and r834923 from mod_fcgid
>>
>> Follow up the awk compatibility fix in r834729 by selecting the most
>> suitable awk, following the AC_PROG_AWK order (gawk, mawk, nawk, awk).
>> As with AC_PROG_AWK, AWK=foo overrides.
>>
>> After r834729 a working conf was generated on Solaris when using
>> /usr/bin/awk, but only by some fluke of command-line processing
>> (-v was sort-of ignored; see PR for discussion).  Also, the LoadModule
>> wasn't added in the right spot due to awk engine differences.
>
> Can't we take $AWK given in config_vars.mk/apr_rules.mk instead, using APXS?

As of this commit, yes.
As of the next commit, which works around missing tolower() in nawk on
some levels of Solaris by preferring /usr/xpg4/bin/awk, no.

I don't know levels of Solaris don't have tolower() in nawk.  Perhaps
it isn't a practical concern.