httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <>
Subject Re: Httpd 3.0 or something else
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:51:45 GMT
On 11/9/09 1:40 PM, "Brian Akins" <> wrote:

> On 11/9/09 1:36 PM, "Graham Leggett" <> wrote:
>>> It works really well for proxy.
>> Aka "static data" :)
> Nah, we proxy to fastcgi php stuff, http java stuff, some horrid HTTP perl
> stuff, etc (Full disclosure, I wrote the horrid perl stuff.)

Replying to my own post:

What we discussed some on list some at Apachecon, was having a really good
and simple process manager.  Mod_fcgid is too much work to configure for
mere mortals.  If we just had something like:

AssociateExternal .php /path/to/my/php-cgi

And it did the sensible thing (whether fcgi, http, wscgi, etc.) then all the
"config" is in one place.  Obviously, we could have some "advanced" process
management directives.

If your app needed some special config stuff, we could easily pass it across

Brian Akins

View raw message