httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making a binary distribution of apache 2.2.14 on Aix 6.1
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 16:45:45 GMT
Actually, the reason I started this thread is because I wanted to start
making builds that used IBM's installp format for distribution rather than
RPM - which is the format chosen for most of the AIX toolbox. Imho much of
the difficulity the libtool devs have with the AIX platform (as generally
the solution is playing with libtool, or loading a newer version) is this
mixed install environment.

I have been trying to develop and package without using any of the AIX
toolbox as I do not want any dependencies on it. Instead, I shall, as
suggested towards the beginning of this thread, make my own packages to
fulfill dependancies and/or specify IBM installp packages (i.e. libraries
installed into /usr/lib and maybe /opt/lib).

There are a couple of other respositories out there - my site - when I
finally get it assembled - will be yet another, but with forums behind it so
that people can share experiences.

Michael