httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MPM-Module perchild
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:45:28 GMT
2009/11/23  <christian4apache@lists.muthpartners.de>:
> Hello,
>
> We have an internal project where we need the MPM module perchild. The
> Apache 2.0 documentation says that the development is not completed. I
> talked to my boss and he says I could take maybe any necessary residual
> activities, (depending on the size). Therefore, the following questions:
>
> * What is currently state of this module?
> * What would a collaboration?
> * How is the planning of this module in Apache 2.2. The link of 'user'
> (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#user) and 'group'
> (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#group) only brings
> a 404 (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/perchild.html).

First off I would be asking what specific code are you wanting to run
which requires this MPM. There are other means of achieving process
separation and dropping of privileges to different users than this
MPM. Whether other solutions are suitable really depends on what you
are wanting to do though.

So, explain what the actual requirement is rather than than your
suspected solution and may be can save you some time by suggesting
other ways you can achieve the same which doesn't require as much
work.

Graham

Graham