httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Felipe Alcacibar <>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite and mod_fcgid pass wrong fcgi request
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:56:58 GMT
> This is apparently PR 40781:
> I see that one or two people have suggested work-arounds in that PR,
> but they don't seem to apply directly to your configuration.  Perhaps
> some mod_rewrite experts on the user list can help solve this, with
> some adjustment to your mod_rewrite configuration so that in effect
> PATH_TRANSLATED doesn't get left with "redirect:"?

Effectively, that happens to me, but not in cgi mode (cgid) or with
php's libphp5 (apxs module) it happens only with mod_fcgid.

> FWIW, changing the FcgidWrapper directive temporarily to point to this
> Perl script is helpful for seeing what mod_fcgid is telling PHP:
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use strict;
> use CGI::Fast;
> while (my $q = CGI::Fast->new) {
>  print "Content-Type: text/plain\r\n\r\n";
>  foreach my $env (keys %ENV) {
>    print "env $env = $ENV{$env}\n";
>  }
> }
> (though possibly you don't have CGI::Fast or its FCGI dependency installed)

for no errors i take the straces dumps from php-cgi with mod_cgid and
mod_fcgid, to know better what it's happens here is the vars that
passes to me.

DOCUMENT_ROOT: /hosting/http/
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /hosting/http/
REDIRECT_URL: /favicon.ico
REQUEST_URI: /favicon.ico
SCRIPT_NAME: /index.php
PATH_INFO: /favicon.ico
PATH_TRANSLATED: redirect:/index.php/favicon.ico

The complete list and the strace dumps have here

> I wasn't very clear with this suggestion ;)  My thought was to see
> what it takes to get it working with CGI first, as more people could
> potentially help with a CGI issue.  Once it works with CGI, it should
> be straightforward to convert the config to FastCGI.  Also, if the
> config then doesn't work after converting to FastCGI then it is more
> likely a mod_fcgid bug.

at least is a bug, that is great to clear me that dude.

but i habe a last dude. The way of the good Open Source Software user
is to report the bug, but where is the bug, in the mod_fcgid or in the

lot of thanks Jeff

Felipe Alcacibar Buccioni

View raw message