httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Httpd 3.0 or something else
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:10:14 GMT
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 14:01, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman
<buanzo@buanzo.com.ar> wrote:

> Matthieu Estrade wrote:
>> What about the non http protocol like ftp, or smtp tested during summer
>> code ? The tentation to have a powerful core that we could adapt to any
>> protocol we want...
>
> And Google just released SPDY ("Speedy"), a non-http protocol for web transport...

Paul and I briefly discussed adding some stuff to serf that could
allow serf to do SPDY. For example, add the notion of "priority" into
the request system. It would be ignored in a normal connection, but
could then take effect in a SPDY connection.

Cheers,
-g