httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Httpd 3.0 or something else
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 03:34:44 GMT
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 15:00, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman
<buanzo@buanzo.com.ar> wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
>> Right. But they don't have the depth/breadth of modules like we do.
>
> ... yet. Keep going, but if there are great things like lighttpd and nginx (and even
more) http
> daemons out there, then that means more than one thing is wrong with current Apache.

Oh, definitely. HTTP serving is commodity functionality now. Thus, it
is very easy to serve niches with a specialized HTTP server.

Apache remains the broad solution, but for narrow requirements, people
will select something that is easier to handle for their particular
situation.

I wouldn't say "wrong", but more along the lines of "not as well-suited"

Cheers,
-g