httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r883816 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/util_mutex.h server/util_mutex.c
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:18:55 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Many if not all other functions which handle directives and which are
> not implemented in the same file as the directive declaration also
> have the ap_ prefix, so I don't follow you on the "public" aspect.

s/public/meant to be exported/

> But most of these other functions are declared with
> AP_DECLARE_NONSTD().  That seems to be appropriate for ap_set_mutex(),
> ap_set_name_virtual_host(), and perhaps others.

AP_DECLARE_NONSTD() really has one goal, which is offering variable arg
lists.  A secondary effect is to use a pure C calling convention, the sort
of thing you might need for some registered callbacks (e.g. atexit, etc).
Otherwise AP_DECLARE() would seem fine.

I think the registered cmd handler might need to be NONSTD.