httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregg L. Smith" <li...@glewis.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r883540 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: ./ build/ docs/conf/ docs/conf/extra/ include/ modules/aaa/ modules/core/ modules/examples/ modules/generators/ modules/ldap/ modules/mappers/ modules/ssl/ server/ server/mpm/prefork/ server/mpm/worker
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:01:04 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Gregg L. Smith <lists@glewis.com> wrote:
>> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> and maybe
>>
>> /* Check for definition of DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR */
>> #ifndef DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR
>> #define DEFAULT_DBM_PREFIX   "whatever_it_should_be"
>> #else
>> #define DEFAULT_DBM_PREFIX DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR "whatever"
>> #endif
>>
>> since it is not picking it up from mpm_default.h
>
> I don't follow you on this one

Ok, let me express it this way.

in util_mutex.c line 160 you've got this;

     def->dir = DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR;

The only place I find DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR defined is in mpm_default.h
You do not include mpm_default.h most likely since it would introduce a
lot of excess baggage, understandable. So if you do not want to include
the excess baggage, it must defind in the util_mutex.c no?

Similar again to the socache modules which I stole that code snip from.
I'm just not sure what the "whatever_it_should_be" and "whatever" should
actually be.

In server/mpm/winnt/mpm_default.h it's just the one "logs" (lines 64-67)

/* Check for definition of DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR */
#ifndef DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR
#define DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR "logs"
#endif

However in mod_socache_dbm.c (lines 56-61) for example it's

/* Check for definition of DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR */
#ifndef DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR
#define DEFAULT_DBM_PREFIX "logs/socache-dbm-"
#else
#define DEFAULT_DBM_PREFIX DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR "/socache-dbm-"
#endif

Do you follow me now?

There's a similar 'use before checking if it's defined' in mod_ldap as
well but that's another issue that does not concern this.

> calling convention incompatibility; I guess the command function
> macros have hard-coded a particular calling convention that is
> different from our API calling convent (AP_DECLARE())
>
> can you try the attached patch pretty please?

most certainly can and did and the build passes that point and she will
at least serve up a "It works!".

Stoopid Windoze ;-)
Gregg