httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Desperrier <jmd...@free.fr>
Subject Re: TLS renegotiation disabling : mod_ssl and OpenSSL 0.9.8l
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:41:00 GMT
Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> If
> your/authentication/  is a resource that generates a directory listing
> via mod_autoindex then apache issues a subrequest for each directory
> entry.

This is not what I was testing, but you are *very right* that there is
also that problem. I'll open a bug for it, maybe analyzes will show it's
just a duplicate of 48215, but for now technically it might be a
different issue.

 > Now, if only/authentication/  requires a client certificate but
 > the VHost or base server does not then each entry leads to a
 > renegotiation.
> Correct me if I am wrong but that is how I have
> explained the behavior for me.

I don't know but anyway it's still a bug.

If the resolution of the SSL vulnerability had been to remove
renegociation altogether, it would not matter. But as renegociation will
still be there, bugs that affect renegociation should be solved.