httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Obsolete modules in 2.3
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:49:25 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> I personally find it useful to continue having support for
> features that were once used in the past, specifically to
> test things that once worked to see if they still work
> with the current version of Apache.  Therefore, I do not
> consider these modules to be obsolete.  Unless they are
> somehow broken right now or preventing us from doing some
> big change to the architecture, then -1 to removing them.
>
> They should not be compiled by default, of course.

I'd be +1 for moving both from modules=most to modules=all.  They certainly
don't eat a lot of space and are historically if not currently interesting.

I'd still like to see cern_meta renamed to something that suggests that it
*really does solve* the pain of many CMS/FTP hosted content authors.  Even
installing it by default might be a reasonable idea for a typical mass
vhosting configuration.