httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: pipe has been ended. : mod_fcgid: get overlap result error
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:15:24 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Users occasionally run scripts that spew noise to stderr that may not
> require logging except when debugging.  Perhaps a more general
> FcgidChildStderr directive could enable both the legacy Win32
> processing or other solutions.

I'd rather 1. set the expectation that stderr channel exists (even if it's
/dev/null'ed - oops - I mean \Device\NUL'ed ;-) as the defacto standard,
just as on unix and 2. focus on how to tune the log level, following the
pattern of mod_cgi[d] and adjusting those again, accordingly.

Remember that stderr is rewired through the Fcgid processing phase.  We are
only talking here about stderr-at-startup.