httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <>
Subject Re: pipe has been ended. : mod_fcgid: get overlap result error
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:06:36 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Brian Kodl <
> <>> wrote:
>     Ps - Is there a debug or trace httpd.conf directive to get more
>     information?
> I see the same error on Vista.  Initially it was because the FCGI CPAN
> module wasn't installed; after installing that with ActiveState's ppm
> utility it still fails, with the same "overlap" message.  Increasing
> Apache's LogLevel to debug doesn't help.  Running <>
> from the command-line works fine.
> Regardless of the cause of this issue, mod_fcgid needs to capture stderr
> from the process for logging.
> Windows anyone?  I'd love to get a build environment set up and start
> playing but I'm out of time on this one.

Yes this is a serious problem.  We need to *open* stderr on the windows side
in addition to the communications pipe on FD0, but right now, PHP and others
rely on both FD1&2 to be NULL.

Fixing this will necessarily break PHP, and users expectations of how the
FastCGI works on Win32, but it was broken by design.

What about a setting that defaults to 'use a sensible FCGID tunnel' which
can be configured to 'Go forth blindly per older FCGI Win32 mechanics'?

Something like "FcgidWin32LegacyConnect on"?

View raw message