httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <>
Subject Re: Obsolete modules in 2.3
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 04:21:40 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:
> Don't you think that maybe it's time to drop mod_imagemap and mod_cern_meta?
> "there is already a large number of CERN users who can exploit this module."
> Seriously?

FWIW I know of one customer who absolutely continues to use mod_imagemap and
have no indication they plan to drop it.

modules/historical/ might be a good waypoint to eliminating these.  Enabling
them should emit a warning they are no longer interesting and likely to be
dropped from future releases.  OTOH perhaps we should keep cern_meta, considering
the underlying argument from fans of over-aggressive content-type sniffing always
cite broken httpd configs as the reason for their sillyness.

View raw message