httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: intend to roll 2.3 alpha on Wednesday
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:56:30 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>
>> I intend to roll a 2.3 alpha release on Wednesday November 11th.

+1

>> I will bundle APR from the 1.4.x branch. (APR people should make a
>> release, but this shouldn't be a blocker for our own alpha releases).

Major problem; don't do this.  You are putting 1.4.x code into a release
which then ends up causing APR 1.4.0 to break its binary ABI rules.  That
is just not kosher.  Some README or release notes observing that the best
results can be obtained with a checkout and build of the as-yet-unreleased
apr 1.4.x trunk is sufficient.

If you want to 'test the bundling' - use a released apr please?

>> I am almost 90% sure the release might fail due to various issues, but
>> we need to start cleaning those issues out.

:)

> Is there a need to bundle APR at all?

Agreed +1 if APR is not bundled (this is alpha, after all).