httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Httpd 3.0 or something else
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 11:38:45 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Let's get 2.4 out. And then let's rip it to shreds and drop
> buckets/brigades and fold in serf.

I think we should decide on exactly what problem we're trying to solve,
before we start thinking about how it is to be solved.

I'm keen to teach httpd v3.0 to work asynchronously throughout - still
maintaining the prefork behaviour as a sensible default[1], but being
asynchronous and non blocking throughout.

[1] The fact that dodgy module code can leak, crash and be otherwise
unsociable, and yet the server remains functional, is one of the key
reasons why httpd still endures.

Regards,
Graham