httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: Visiting mod_authn_cache
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 07:50:41 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> Issac Goldstand wrote:

I actually ended up solving it with the help of socache's source.  I was
having troubles with apr_time_t's and saw that socache uses plain 'ol
time_t.  After switching, everything just worked.  So technically, I'm
done.  (I'd be happy to submit the jumbo-patch to mod-auth, not sure if
work will leave me time to start seperating it into chunks)
>> Nope, it's not what I was using.  I wanted to keep it 2.2.x compatible
>> since I need this module in production, although I completely agree with
>> the point.
>>

> We also use socache in v2.2, and to solve that problem, I backported the
> socache modules as external modules. Not all the socache modules build
> cleanly, but the key ones we needed did.

Can you tell me what worked?  If the shared memory cache works, I may
get some extra time at work to rewrite for socache, just so that all of
the children can use a single cache, instead of one per child.

Also, any pointers to sample code for socache would be nice.  I *think*
I get how it's supposed to be used, but a concrete example would save
some time.

  Issac