httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kamesh Jayachandran <kam...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Strange error(parse tlsext bug) in mod_ssl since httpd-2.2.12
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:52:00 GMT
Do you have session caching disabled in the server configuration, either
> accidentally or deliberately? That seems to me to be the only thing that fits
> the tcpdump you sent.
>
> If so please turn session caching on and try the SSL_OP_NO_TICKET patch again.
>
> Steve.

Yes SSLSessionCache was not enabled(by default it is 'none').

Yes I could see it 'working' with SSL_OP_NO_TICKET patch and
'SSLSessionCache shm:/tmp/sessioncache' directive.

IIUC, Proper fix for this should be in openssl client.

Reasonable fix for this on the server side is to apply SSL_OP_NO_TICKET
patch and enable SSLSessionCache.

Thanks

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran