httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Dreyer <ktdre...@ktdreyer.com>
Subject Re: Obsolete modules in 2.3
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:05:36 GMT
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

> OTOH, that used CERN HTTPD with CGI, not mod_imagemap.

Wow, old school :)

> Don't you have that kind of application any more?

We definitely have a lot of interactive maps, but the processing you
describe is usually handled by CGI or Java. Our only use of
mod_imagemap that I have seen was for a website's navigation bar.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> Client-side image maps have been part of HTML for more than a decade. It
> does not require any kind of scripting, java, flash, or javascript.

Indeed, and client-side imagemaps are what we recommend to our
webmasters to replace mod_imagemap (as do the Section 508 guidelines).

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just torch it. No need to discuss.

Strike the match, as far as I'm concerned!