httpd-dev mailing list archives

From pqf <...@mailtech.cn>
Subject Re: Re: mod_fcgid: add mod_status support?
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:08:24 GMT

> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > 2009/11/9 pqf <pqf@mailtech.cn>:
> >> Hi, all
> >>    I am new to this community, I am think to add mod_status support to mod_fcgid,
which provide more internal information to administrators. Is it a good idea? I am working
on it now, but if someone think it's not a good idea, please let me know.

> > Sure.  I'd like to see a view of processes and perhaps scores from mod_status.
>
> I'd like to see this become an extensible mechansim.  It was on the topic list
> last week until SSL issues got the better of us.
>
> I'll post thoughts in the coming week, Aaron, DougM and I have all done some
> pondering on this subject that would make things cleaner for all.
>
> But in terms of 2.0/2.2 legacy fcgid support for scoreboard, Sander's comments
> are right on.

I just finished a version which scan share memory and print out FastCGI process status. just
like mod_ssl does.
But will the mechansim be changed to an extensible one in the future? external modules like
mod_ssl should
use another mechansim to do this? Look forward for further discussion in the next week :)