httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release 2.3.3 as alpha
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 01:42:16 GMT
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
>> Test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.3.3-alpha are available at:
>>    <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/>
>>
>> Your votes please;
>>
>>  +/- 1
>>  [  ]  Release httpd-2.3.3 as Alpha
>>
>> Vote closes at 18:00 UTC on Sunday November 15 2009.
>>

> www.apache.org  (and TLPs) is now running 2.3.3, on the event MPM:
> <http://www.apache.org/server-status>
>
> Problems:
>  - the generated configure scripts failed to run with /bin/sh on
> Solaris 10. I had to edit all of them to use /bin/bash.  ENOCLUE why
> this is. Maybe a bug in newer autoconf I used to generate configure on
> my mac.
>  - It had problems linking libpcre on aurora.apache.org -- I had to
> add a  -R/opt/sfw/lib to the LDFLAGS.  I already have to hack LDFLAGS
> on these solaris machines to get BerkeleyDB to link correctly, so not
> really a regression I guess.

It also seems there is a bug in APR-Util's build for the DSO loading
of DBM drivers.

When using jlibtool, $prefix//lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbm_db.so is created.
 When loading the DSO, APR-Util looks for
$prefix//lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbm_db-1.so (trailing MAJOR version added
to the DSO name).

To work around it, I just made a symlink:
sudo ln -s /usr/local/apache2-install/www.apache.org/2.3.3/lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbm_db.so

/usr/local/apache2-install/www.apache.org/2.3.3/lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbm_db-1.so