httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release 2.3.3 as alpha
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 00:42:07 GMT
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
> Test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.3.3-alpha are available at:
>    <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/>
>
> Your votes please;
>
>  +/- 1
>  [  ]  Release httpd-2.3.3 as Alpha
>
> Vote closes at 18:00 UTC on Sunday November 15 2009.

www.apache.org  (and TLPs) is now running 2.3.3, on the event MPM:
<http://www.apache.org/server-status>

Problems:
 - the generated configure scripts failed to run with /bin/sh on
Solaris 10. I had to edit all of them to use /bin/bash.  ENOCLUE why
this is. Maybe a bug in newer autoconf I used to generate configure on
my mac.
 - It had problems linking libpcre on aurora.apache.org -- I had to
add a  -R/opt/sfw/lib to the LDFLAGS.  I already have to hack LDFLAGS
on these solaris machines to get BerkeleyDB to link correctly, so not
really a regression I guess.

Otherwise, it seems to mostly be working so far, with mod_fcgid running too.

Thanks,

Paul