httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barnes <jbarnes...@yahoo.com>
Subject trunk build broken?
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:28:44 GMT
Here's a synopsis of my experience building from svn.

$ svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x httpd-2.2.x

$ cd httpd-2.2.x
$ ./buildconf

You don't have a copy of the apr source in srclib/apr.
Please get the source using the following instructions,
or specify the location of the source with
--with-apr=[path to apr] :

   svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk srclib/apr

You don't have a copy of the apr-util source in srclib/apr-util.
Please get one the source using the following instructions,
or specify the location of the source with
--with-apr-util=[path to apr-util]:

   svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/trunk srclib/apr-util

$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk srclib/apr

$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/trunk srclib/apr-util
svn: URL 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/trunk' doesn't exist

So I grabbed the latest release instead.

$ svn http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/branches/1.4.x srclib/apr-util

$ ./buildconf

found apr source: srclib/apr
found apr-util source: srclib/apr-util

$ ./configure

Applying apr-util hints file rules for i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for APR... configure: error: the --with-apr parameter is incorrect. It must specify
an install prefix, a build directory, or an apr-config file.
configure failed for srclib/apr-util