httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wider http
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:19:34 GMT
On 11/20/09, basteon <basteon@gmail.com> wrote:
> g' time of day 2 every1,
>  my question to implies of wider http proto, e.g. I needs add to http
>  few headers looks like POST and GET, it must be used only with own
>  client application. and I need implement new fat http implementation
>  or can add this headers in the more convenient way and don't rewrite
>  whole http in my mod_wider_http ?
>  I mean may be I can make it by apache hook's api, but still haven't any clue.

I you add your own methods, and still want the Apache HTTP protocol
doing work on your requests, you have to at least teach the core of
apache to tolerate the new methods.

If you just add your own request headers, you only have to deal with
your own module.

if you don't want any of the HTTP processing of Apache, see protocol
modules such as mod_ftp.

modules-dev@httpd.apache.org would be the best list to discuss this on.

--
Eric Covener