httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Poirier <poir...@pobox.com>
Subject Cacheability and s-maxage
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:59:02 GMT
First, currently if a GET or HEAD request with a query in the URI has a
response with Cache-control: s-maxage=NN, that response is not cached.
>From RFC 2616 13.9, 2nd paragraph, s-maxage specifies an explicit
expiration and so the response should be cached despite the query in the
URI.

Second, currently a successful response with no Last-Modified, Etag, or
Expires headers is not cached.  If it has Cache-control: max-age or
Cache-control: s-maxage, that specifies an expiration, and per RFC
2616 13.4 we would expect it to be cached.

I'm attaching a trunk patch that would implement these changes.

--
Dan Poirier <poirier@pobox.com>