httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: mod_fcgid: Problem serving binary content with Apache 2.2.13 - PHP 5.2.9
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:43:56 GMT
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Jeff Trawick <> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Marcus Merz <> wrote:
>> Is this issue solved in 2.3.4?
> no

BTW, I'm sorry I haven't followed up to your last couple of posts.  I
should be honest with you:  All that Plesk-generated config and/or
attempts to interject tweaks to that config makes my head explode.
Maybe somebody else here has the time and will power to dig through

My general thoughts: I don't think mod_fcgid's processing can be
compared to mod_php's in any meaningful way.  Instead, it should be
compared to mod_cgi's (mod_cgid's).  FastCGI is essentially CGI, but
with the request information passed over in a way that allows the
script to handle multiple requests without exiting.  mod_cgi and
mod_fcgid should pass the same request environment variables to the
CGI/FastCGI application, and in fact they use the same core httpd code
to build that information.  (The notable exception is when
FcgidFixPathInfo is turned on, in which case mod_fcgid modifies one of
the request environment variables I can't say if/when exactly that

Good luck!

View raw message