httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_fcgid POST broken if FcgiAuthorizer is run
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:46:55 GMT
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Barry Scott <barry.scott@onelan.co.uk> wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Silly me.  Chris's patch at
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~chrisd/patches/mod_fcgid_auth/mod_fcgid-1auth-trunk.patch
>> handles this, and it does send a trailing FCGI_STDIN record to an
>> authorizer.
>>
>> Chris, AYT
>
> I wonder if other fastcgi implementation made the same bad assumption about
> FCGI_STDIN
> always being sent as ours did.
>
> FYI: The other change I made to our fastcgi was to parse out multiple values
> from FCGI_PARAMS
> records. mod_fastcgi sends one name-value pair in a FCGI_PARAMS record and
> sends as
> many FCGI_PARAMS records as it needs to to send the environment. Where as
> mod_fcgid sends
> multiple name-value pairs in asingle FCGI_PARAMS record.

Thanks for all the info.

I'm inclined to commit what we think is proper for FCGI_STDIN on
FCGI_AUTHORIZER and then see if it absolutely has to be adjusted later
once other issues with FCGI_AUTHORIZER are cleared up and we see a
variety of implementations being tested with it.

(I'll go with patch 3, which adds the eos bucket to the brigade.)