httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with build on AIX 6.1
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:22:55 GMT
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> forgot to mention: I have done
>>> export CC=xlc
>>> in the builds yesterday, so the libtool build should reflect that. The
>>> two
>>> builds I just did for this report I neither defined nor exported CC
>>> before
>>> running configure.

>>> Does that libtool handle aix 6?  The libtool.m4 in my older libtool has
>> lots
>> of stanzas with
>>
>> aix4* | aix5*)
>>
>> or similar.  I'd change those to include aix6* and see if that helps.
>>
>> I think apr_hints.m4 and APR's configure.in also need a change to handle
>> aix6*.  I don't know about the various config.guess files.
>>

> michael@x054:[/data/prj/http-2.2.14.bad/srclib/apr/build]grep -c aix *.m4
> | grep -v :0
> apr_hints.m4:5
> libtool.m4:53
> ltdl.m4:2
> Most of these are in the form:
>     aix[[4-9]]*)
>
> I saw a few aix5 ones, no aix6 specific ones. So you may have a good
> starting point.
>
> in aclocal.m4 for libtool.m4 I did not find a specific aix6) switch (also
> the aix[[4-9]]* format.
>
> regading the new libtool - is it enough to jst run ./buildconf - are there
> extra arguments I should be giving? Is there any logged output.

should be; confirm by looking in configure to see if the new stuff is in
there

> Are people interested in the src/apr/libtool that is generated? easy enough
> to attach if someone can make some sense of them.

Others can speak for themselves, but I think a hint that libtool may need to
look for aix6 is as far as we can take it.  Check with the libtool folks or
comp.os.unix.aix for info about which level of libtool works well on on AIX
6.